The mortgage is in the buyer’s name
You won’t need to guarantee the loan and debt won’t be secured against your name.
Your interest in the property is clear
You’ll have a Co-Ownership agreement confirming your interests, and you will also have a second mortgage registered in your favour against the property.
Minimum 5 year partnership
After that, you can sell the property, the buyer can buy you out or continue the Co-Ownership indefinitely.
You’re happy with the property
Levridge works to find a buyer who wants a similar type of property.
All buyers are screened
Buyers need to have mortgage pre-approval to ensure they are stable, reliable, have clean credit and can service the mortgage, rates, insurance, and any other expenses.
Full support from Levridge
Investing in property can be a scary business. We’re here to ensure you feel confident with your investment.
The full Process
1. Matching with a buyer
- Apply online. This is where you tell us what type of property you’d like to invest in.
- We’ll meet so we can talk through the process in a bit more depth, and we can answer any questions you might have.
- You sign an “intent to proceed” and pay a $1000 bond, which Levridge holds as a sign of commitment. This will be returned to you if and when the home is purchased.
- We match you with buyers who are stable, reliable, have clean credit checks and are able to service the mortgage, rates, insurance, and any applicable body corporate fees. They must also be approved for lending.
- We send you the profile of the potential buyer, which will include information relating to their job, their living situation, the type of property and location they are looking for, as well as a summary of their overall position.
- You can choose whether to meet your buyer before you choose to invest.
- Great! You have a match.
- The buyer is given the go-ahead to start their property search.
2. Buying the home
- The buyer shares a home they’re interested in with us at Levridge.
- We check the property meets with your expectations.
- We help the buyer with the Sales and Purchase Agreement. This is conditional upon finance, due diligence, solicitors approval, LIM, building report, weather tightness report and registered valuation. The costs will be shared 50/50 with you and your buyer.
- You and the buyer are both happy with the paperwork.
- You enter into a Co-Ownership Agreement with the buyer. You will then pay the deposit (10% of the property’s value).
- You agree on a settlement date (usually four weeks later).
- At settlement, you pay the rest of the deposit (you’ve now paid a total of 20% of the property value).
- Your buyer moves into the property and pays the mortgage, rates, insurance, general maintenance (that is not capital investment), and any body corporate fees.
- Congratulations. You’ve now secured an investment in your future
Still Want to know more?
A simplified version of this process is available on our investor overview page.
Got questions? We've got answers. Find the answers to frequently asked questions here.
investor Case study
Follow Mary and Bob through their journey of investing with Levridge
Who Are We?
We match hopeful first-home buyers with suitable property investors, so you can buy a house together.
As a buyer you get to choose when, what and where you want to buy. And a property investor gives you the deposit to make it happen.
As a property investor you get to choose when, what and where you want to buy. And once you’ve paid the deposit, the first home buyer is responsible for the rest.
Copyright Levridge © 2019